Thursday 14 June 2012

apple muffins



Yummy apple muffins
I don't bake much (because I am a little scared of ovens) but I wanted to take something into work after having been away for a week and a half and, also, I recently bought muffin tins so I decided to bake some apple muffins to take in, using this recipe.  I am not very good at following recipes exactly so I added a bit more apple (because apples don't come in 100g packages!), and a lot more spice (as well as doubling the amount of ground ginger, I also added ground cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla essence), dusted with a mix of ground cinnamon and brown sugar after baking, and they came out pretty well - if I do say so myself!
Mixture pre-baking
Folding in the chopped apple

I think, for my tastes, they weren't quite sweet enough - I think, probably, because I think of muffins as a dessert, not as breakfast food - so, next time, I might add a little more sugar.  I think some peanut butter would also be nice in them.  And maybe some dates..


No comments:

Post a Comment